New Hope Baptist Church, just 7 miles south of Toccoa on Highway 106, began in 1850 with only 13 members and a one-room frame building at its inception. This structure served their needs for many years, until in 1950, under the leadership of Rev. Fred Ellenburg, the old building was torn down and a new structure was built.
During the ministry of Rev. Ralph Bagwell, in 1966 the church was bricked, additional educational space and a baptismal pool was added. And in 1982, under the leadership of Rev. Robert Randall, the church added new carpet, padded the pews, put in new stained glass windows in the sanctuary and paved the parking lot.
On August 18, 2004, the church moved into its new sanctuary, with a seating capacity of 470 people. The old sanctuary has been remodeled into additional educational space. The current pastor is Rev. David Sosebee.
Throughout the years, God has continued to bless New Hope Baptist Church and with great anticipation, we look for even greater things to come as we "wait on His appearing".